Access to Jard
By Road :
- From Nantes: A83 motorway, exit at La Roche sur Yon, follow the sign for La Tranche sur Mer, then Moutiers les Moufaits, then Jard sur Mer.
- From Angers: A87 motorway towards Cholet and La Roche sur Yon, follow the sign for La Tranche sur Mer, then Moutiers les Moufaits, then Jard sur Mer.
- From Niort: A83 motorway, exit at Fontenay le Comte, follow the sign for Luçon, then Avrillé, then Jard sur Mer.
By Train :
- TGV from Paris to Les Sables d'Olonne, then bus 150 to Jard sur Mer (the bus station at Les Sables d'Olonne is next to the train station
- Bordeaux to La Rochelle to Luçon, then bus 150 to Jard sur Mer.
For train information visit http://www.voyages-sncf.com
For bus information visit http://www.sovetours.fr
By Plane :
- Nantes Atlantique Airport. Tel. 0033 240 818 000, http://www.nantes-aeroport.fr
- La Rochelle Airport, Ile de Ré. Tel. 0033 543 423 026.
- Taxi: F. Godard. Tel. 0033 251 335 729.
By Boat :
Practical Information: 46°24'4 N - 001°34,8 W - SHOM 7403-7069 - Navicarte (navigational chart) 1022, Les Sables d'Olonne 12 M, St-Martin-de-Ré 17 M, Bourgenay 5 M.
The harbour at Jard sur Mer is a dry harbour with a sandy/muddy bottom; completely dry at low tide.
Approach: 38° line of bearing, 2 white spars located on the dunes, then a 293° line of bearing for the channel, indicated by red and white spar buoys. Avoid night time approach - no beacons.
Hazards: Rocher de l'Islatte (rocks), marked by a lateral starboard buoy located approximately 35m from the 38° range line of bearing (46°23',810 N - 001°34',785W); Roche de la Brunette (rocks).
Visible Landmarks: blue roof of the HMO and blocks of flats 3 to 4 M from harbour.
Access: harbour accessible two hours before and after high tide (Draft < 1.5m).
HMO - opening times:
1st October to 31st March: Tuesdays and Fridays, 10.00am to 12.00pm
1st April to 30th September: every day
Contact: 0033 251 339 061 - M. CAILLAUD: 0033 685 436 052